I am thankful for:
- Having a place to live
- Having options
- Having good friends and family
- Thoughts, being able to create thoughts
- The power to heal
I am thankful for:
Dialectical Behavior therapy
African American women health disparities
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Reading Happiness Sold Separately by Libby Street, I decided to come up with a list of things I want to do and accomplish. Yes, hers was more fun and probably more creative. Here is my list for the rest of the year, that’s November and December.
1. Send out holiday cards
2. Take my GRE, my goal is 1300.
3. Prepare to move. Pack and organize room
4. Volunteer, it’s something that I have been missing for the past couple of months. I love volunteering.
5. Write my memoir. November is national write a book month and I am choosing to write my memoir. 8 pages a day is my goal.
6. Take an art class
7. Go to a religious service
8. Take more photos. Starting in November I will take more photos of memorable events. Thanksgiving and Christmas.
9. Pamper myself once a week
10. Write about something positive everyday
11. Talk to one guy. Romantically. Yes, I have never approached a guy. Before the end of the year I will ask a guy on a date.
12. Do something fun daily, something that makes me feel good!!!!!
I am feeling sick to my stomach
I went and saw the DL Chronicles last night. It was disturbing. It was about this man named boo who mooched off his mother and what I can assume is his long term girlfriend. While mooching he sleeps with almost the whole neighboorhood both men and women from around the way. I think that writers tried to justify his behavior. It really pissed me off I would hope that Boo was more dimentional than that. Maybe I was scared because a lot of men both straight and gay are like that.
I saw Why Did I Get Married. I loved Jill Scott, she was really good in this movie. Jill made the movie with an Oscar award winning performance. Tyler Perry did good, because I have not been a fan of his. Even though I did not like the fact he was an actor in this movie. Every time I see his face I think of Medea, which makes me mad because Medea puts out a bad image for black women. It’s hard to break stereotypes put forth by the Medea. And black women are still being potrayed as sex objects, mamas (who don’t have sex?), or men like. Thinks Perry for having real women in this movie and not a man in a bad wig.
I want to go home and get in the bed, but I cannot. I have to hold up until tonight.
Tonight is Wenesday night. My friend cooks and other people come over his place. We watch America’s Next Top Model, Gossip Girl, and Dirty Sexy Money. Everything is great, I am so going after work.